The Jacksonville Bucket List
40 Must Do Activities Before Your Next PCS
- Spend a Saturday Morning at the Riverside Arts Market
- See a movie at the San Marco Theater
- Visit the Museum of Science and History (MOSH) and walk next door to Friendship Fountain for a few photos of the fountain, a gorgeous view of the city skyline and Main Street Bridge.
- Stay at a B&B in St. Augustine for the night.
- Visit the Jacksonville Zoo
- Take an e2Ride bike tour of Riverside/Avondale or San Marco
- Kayak to Ft. George Island with First Coast Outfitters
- Visit the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve
- Attend TPC Sawgrass (May)
- Take a winery tour in Saint Augustine at San Sebastian. Buy an extra bottle and bring it with you to your next PCS.
- Go to a Jacksonville Sun’s baseball game.
- Have a Lemon Bar Freeze at Lemon Bar in Neptune Beach and take in the beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Pick Blueberries at Veterans Farm
- Go to a Jacksonville Jaguar game
- Visit Little Talbot State Park
- Check out the Cummer Museum of Arts and Gardens
- See a concert at the Florida Theater and the St. Augustine Amphitheater
- Get a family photo on the beach.
- Walk through historic Avondale and have dessert at Biscotti’s
- Attend the World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail party (Georgia vs. Florida football game in October)
- Have lunch at the French Pantry and make sure to order a bruschetta and dessert.
- Attend the Shrimp Festival in Fernandina Beach (May)
- Attend One Spark in downtown Jacksonville (April)
- Check out the Jacksonville Art Walk Downtown
- See a Broadway Play at the Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts
- Attend the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra
- Visit the St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park
- Paddleboard the Intercoastal
- Take a Brewery Tour of Jacksonville’s craft breweries
- Run the Gate River Run, the largest 15K in the USA (March)
- Ride the Water Taxi downtown
- Attend the Jacksonville Jazz Festival (May)
- Go Surfing
- Participate in the 26.2 with Donna Breast Cancer Marathon
- Attend a Jacksonville Sharks Arena Football Game
- Check out the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
- Have dinner at Restaurant Orsay
- Have Tea at Ashes Tea House in Jacksonville Beach
- Ride the St. Johns River Ferry for a day trip up to Amelia Island
- See the Blue Angels Air Show (October)
What’s on your bucket list?
If you’d like to stay up-to-date on future posts, military discounts, and things to do in Jacksonville, enter your email here: