The Fourth of July is such a fun time to be in Jacksonville. With so many family friendly events to choose from, you’ll be sure to have an amazing day. Here are a few ideas on how you can spend your 4th:
SATURDAY, JULY 4TH
- Military Appreciation Day at Adventure Landing! All active & retired Military receive a FREE Water Park Pass & all Military family members receive $5 off each Water Park Pass! Or, All active & retired Military receive a FREE 3-Attraction Quest Pass & all Military family members receive $5 off each Quest Pass! Choose from the following attractions: Mini Golf, Go-Karts, Wacky Worm, Frog Hopper. You must bring your ID! Kids 3 and under are FREE.
- Fourth of July Celebration downtown at The Shipyards on Bay Street, 5PM-10pm. This will be a family fun celebration with a three-legged race, giant Jenga, BBQ, water balloon toss, crafts, face painting, caricature artist, live entertainment, fireworks and more! No coolers or outside food allowed. Fireworks on the St. Johns River at 9:45PM. Free Concert featuring performances by The Band Be Easy and Pop/Rock sensation – Orleans.
- Jacksonville Landing-Live music from 3pm-1am with a beautiful view of the fireworks on St. John’s River at 9:45pm. Attendees under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult to enter.
- Fireworks over the St. Johns River begin at 9:45pm. Fireworks will be launched from two barges on the river, one located in front of the Jacksonville Landing, and the other will be East of the Main Street bridge.
- $4 Fourth of July at MOSH and Friendship Fountain. The Museum of Science and History will be offering $4 admission from 10am-5pm. Hands on activities will also be presented by MOSH at Friendship Fountain. FREE admission for Bank of America or Merrill Lynch card holders. Simply present your card at admission.
- Join the Riverside Arts Market for “Red, White and Mama Blue.” RAM will be extending hours until 10PM on July 4th with live entertainment from Mama Blue and Flagship Romance. You’ll be able to view the fireworks downtown from under the bridge. There will be kid friendly activities and plenty of local brews.
- Watch Fireworks on TV from Your Home: Channel 4 will be showing the fireworks live.
- Celebrate in Jacksonville Beach: At 9PM, Fireworks will be shot from the Jacksonville Beach pier. The beach is a great place to spend your day. Grab your beach cruiser and enjoy the ride!
- The Jacksonville Zoo will be offering buy one get one free admission July 4th and 5th!
- Orange Park-American Pride 4th of July at Moosehaven; Event starts at 2pm, live entertainment at 7pm and fireworks at 9PM. There will be arts and crafts, food vendors and a kid friendly ride zone.
- Orange Park-American Pie 4th of July; Rotary Club of Orange Park and Rotary Club of Green Cove Springs invite you to celebrate the 4th with a food, fireworks, crafts, music, car show, free pony rides, free train rides, and lots of family fun. Event begins at 11am with fireworks at 9:30pm.
- San Marco-Freedom on the 4th in Balis Park; Bring a lawn chair or blanket, pack a picnic lunch or pre-order a boxed lunch from Taverna On the Go, enjoy a specialty cocktail from Grape and Grain or a gourmet ice pop from The Hyppo Food Truck and CELEBRATE AMERICA! Bands performing include; Jesse Montoya, Andre Gruber Good Time Music Hour, Tropic of Cancer, Spice and the Po Boys, and You, Rascal, You!
- Jacksonville Son’s game time at 7:05pm. Enjoy a baseball game and then watch the fireworks downtown. Check out ITT for discounted Jacksonville Son’s tickets.
- Pump it Up 4th of July Balloon Drop; 12pm-1:30pm. Celebrate America’s birthday at Pump It Up with bouncing and a balloon drop with prizes for all. $12
- All aboard! St. Mary’s Railroad America’s Birthday Express. “America’s Birthday Express” will depart from Theatre by the Trax, 1000 Osborne Street in St. Marys, Georgia, at 10 a.m., noon, 2 pm, and 4 pm on June 27 and noon, 2 pm, and 4 pm on July 4. Tickets are $17 for adults and $11 for children under 12 plus a $3 processing fee. Children 2 and under ride free. Families are encouraged to ride the train together so that children can learn about our rich American heritage. Come early for the 10 a.m. St. Marys Independence Day parade and stay afterward for an all-day July 4th Festival and fireworks in downtown St. Marys presented annually by the Kiwanis of St. Marys.
What are you doing for the 4th? Have a great time!