Happy New Year! The holidays are officially over and it’s time to kick-start a brand new year. Welcome to 2015! Here’s a list of fun activities to check out in Jacksonville this month:
January 2nd and 3rd: Night Feedings at Caddy Shack Wildlife Animal Sanctuary– Enjoy a guided tour of all the residents (Siberian tigers, lions, cougars, black leopards, bobcats, coatimundies and foxes) and then watch over 450 pounds of meat distributed to the animals. Gates open at 6pm, feedings are at 7:30pm.
Wednesday, January 7th-Jacksonville Art Walk This event is held 5pm-9pm in downtown Jacksonville, spans 15 blocks and includes over 40 galleries, museums, restaurants, bars, businesses, artists, performers and live music. Be sure to swing by ArtFusion at MOCA, a fun art-making program for families led by a professional art educator. Starts at 5:30pm.
Tuesday, January 13th-Jax Beach Art Walk. This family friendly event takes place the second Tuesday of the month, 5p-9p, along 1st street, between Beach Blvd N. and 5th St. N. The Jax Beach Art Walk great local artists. Many of the participating businesses will have live music and specials throughout the art walk
Thursday, January 15th-North Beach Art Walk. This artwalk is held on the 3rd Thursday of each month in Atlantic & Neptune Beach. They have over 55 participating artists, making it a great monthly destination.
$5 Wednesdays and Fridays at TNT Gymnastics. Check out open gym for preschoolers Wednesdays from 11am-12pm and Fridays 9am-10am. TNT also has a Mother’s Morning Out program Mondays 9am-12pm for $25, ages 3-6years (must be potty trained).
$5 Fridays at MOSH starting January 2nd for 2015! Enjoy the Museum of Science and History for only $5 on Fridays from 10am-8pm.
Toddler Tuesdays at Rebounderz! Children ages 5 and under jump for $8 from 9:30a-11:30a. Mom or Dad jumps free with toddler.
Play Hard, Nap Hard at Bay&Bee First visit is free at this beautiful, indoor, play center designed for infants, babies, and toddlers up to age 5. Located on Atlantic Blvd. at San Pablo Rd, opened Monday-Friday 9am-4pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am-1pm.
2015 January Jackpot at the Jacksonville Zoo. Check out the Zoo on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for special savings this month.
- 2 for 1 Tuesdays-Buy one regularly priced adult ticket and receive one FREE general admission ticket when you bring in the coupon printed from below. Valid January 6, 13, 20, 27.
- WACKY Wednesdays – Spin their prize wheel 15-67% off general admission, free carousel or train rides, free giraffe feedings, free drinks, gift shop discounts, or the Grand Prize: 75% off general admission, free train rides, 25% off any Zoo food outlet, and 25% off at any Zoo gift shop!
One spin per family. Prize winner will be given a coupon redeemable at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens location specified. Members who spin and receive a discount admission will get the chance to spin again. Valid January 7, 14, 21, 28
- $3 Thursdays – Pay only $3 for general Zoo admission when you bring in the $3 coupon Valid January 8, 15, 22, 29. Not valid on New Year’s Day.
- $5 Fridays – Pay only $5 general Zoo admission when you bring in the $5 coupon
Valid January 2, 9, 16, 23, 30.
- Here is the link to all of the coupons.
UniverSoul Circus is also coming to Jax this month! The show will be at the Prime Osbourne Convention Center January 27-February 1st.
For a list of more fun activities , check out this list of 25 Awesome Activities for Little One’s in Jax.
Have fun in Jacksonville in January!