I love FALL! It’s my favorite time of year. Football, cooler weather, and pumpkin spice everything. Yes, please. Depending on where you’re from, you may have a different version of what Fall should be. Ninety degrees, hot and humid, just doesn’t feel like Fall quite yet. Here in Jacksonville, it takes a few more weeks to start cooling down. While you’re still lounging at the pool, and the rest of the country hits their heat button, check out this list of all the great fun the First Coast has in store for you. Here are the 20 things you must do in Jacksonville this Fall:
- It’s Football Time! Whether you’re a Jags fan or not, EverBank Field is a great place to experience a game on a Sunday afternoon. Check out the MWR for discount tickets. Upcoming home games:
- September 13th-Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Carolina Panthers 1:00PM
- September 20th-Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Miami Dolphins 4:05PM
- October 18th-Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Houston Texans 1PM
- November 19th-Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Tennessee Titans 8:25PM
- Beaches Oktoberfest, October 16th-18th at Sea Walk Pavilion. This year, the Beaches will be having their own celebration benefiting First Coast No More Homeless Pets! Entertainment, 30+craft breweries, 10 food trucks, games, vendors and more!
- The Inaugural World Golf Village Festival will be held October 2nd-4th. Celebrate the game of golf with appearances from Hall of Famers, Free Family Golf, Kids Zone, Demo Day, Putting Contests, Food Trucks and more.
- Oktoberest at Jacksonville Downtown Art Walk will be Wednesday October 7th from 5-9pm. More than 40 art venues stretch across downtown Jacksonville including galleries, museums, restaurants, live music, and more. Also, enjoy free admittance to The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA Jacksonville).
- Jaxtoberfest: Guten tag! October 9th-10th, head downtown to the Shipyard Property for one of the biggest Fall celebrations in Jacksonville! Entertainment, food and fun for the entire family. Live music, including German music acts, along with games, German brats, brew and a section dedicated for children called, “Kinderfest.” Tickets are $8.
- Check out a Night Feeding at Caddy Shack Wildlife Animal Sanctuary-Friday’s and Saturday’s in September. This is currently ranked as the #1 Jacksonville Attraction on Trip Advisor. Enjoy a guided tour of all the residents (Siberian tigers, lions, cougars, black leopards, bobcats, coatimundis and foxes) and then watch over 450 pounds of meat distributed to the animals. ROAR! Or, check out their Halloween Haunted Forest October 9th, 10th, 16th and 17th. They will have crafts, games and you can stroll through the haunted forest and view all of the animals.
- Check out an Outdoor Movie at Mayport’s Sea Otter Pavillon. Movies are at 9:30PM every Friday in September and October.
- Spooktacular at the Jacksonville Zoo: Beginning weekends, October 16th-19th 23rd-25th, 28th-31st, get into the Halloween Spirit at the Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens. Celebrate Spooktacular’s Bippity Boppity Zoo with their pumpkin patch, inflatable bounce house, DJ’s spinning Halloween music, candy stations, and Scare Zones! Don’t miss BREW AT THE ZOO either, October 2nd, 7pm-11pm.
- Attend a Ball: The Tri-Base 240th Navy Birthday Ball will be held on Saturday, October 10th at the Hyatt Regency Grand Ballroom. Tickets available at MWR.
- Beauty & The Beast will be at the Times Union Center for Performing Arts October 9th-11th.
- Blue Angels Sea & Spectacular Show October 24th-25th in Jacksonville Beach. Gates open at 9am and the show begins at 10am. Free parking, admission and kids zone.
- Haunt Nights at Adventure Landing begins Friday, October 2nd and runs weekends throughout October. There will be 3 haunted houses and Zombie Attack Laser Tag.
- “The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party,” also known as The University of Georgia vs. University of Florida football game, takes place on Saturday, October 31st at EverBank Field. The game has been played in Jacksonville since 1933.
- November 7th is Military Appreciation Day at Conner’s A-Maiz-ing Acres. Free admission to all active duty,veterans, spouses and dependents. All other days, active duty is free and spouses and dependents receive $2 off admission. They have a corn maze, cow train, hay jump, horse shoes, play area and many more “Farmtastic Fun Activities!”
- The Greater Jacksonville Fair will be held November 4th-November 15th. The Jacksonville Fairgrounds are located in the sports complex in the city of Jacksonville, adjacent to Everbank Football Stadium, the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, and the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville.
- November 6th-7th is Military Weekend at AMAZING GRACE CROP MAZE. Active and Veteran Military members FREE with ID. Hours: November 7th, 4pm-7pm and November 8th, 10am-9pm All other days, military receives a $2 discount admission.
- Sykes and Cooper Farms Corn Maze has a military discount with admission of $7. This maze is located in Elkton, Fl. They also have a kiddie maze, furry friends, corn cannons, and duck races.
- PUMPKINS PUMPKINS PUMPKINS!!! Pick some pumpkins at one of Jacksonville’s many patches. There are a ton of family fun events taking place throughout October and November. Here’s the Ultimate List from JaxMomsBlog.
- So You Think You Can Dance Tour is coming to Jacksonville, October 21st at Times Union Center for the Performing Arts
- Find a furry friend at the First Coast No More Homeless Pets MEGA PET event on October 9-11th!
Now get out and have some fun! While it’s still SUPER HOT out there, go to Rita’s and grab a Pumpkin Pie Ice. They offer a military discount too. Fall will be here soon. Enjoy!
If you want to stay up-to-date on future posts, play-dates, military discounts, and things to do in Jacksonville, enter your email here: