As military spouses, we often assume that everybody loves making care packages. Some of us truly enjoy ordering our post office boxes, going to three different stores to find our darling spouses favorite things, wrapping the box, cutting out lettering, making print outs, and writing out long love letters. However, there’s also many of us that can’t stand the thought of doing yet another care package and forget the Pinterest worthy packages, because it’s not happening! Or, you might just be in a hurry, you want to send something thoughtful, but you don’t have the time to make one. If you don’t want to make your own, then you need to check out these 10 care packages for people who hate making care packages.
2. For the coffee lover, try Craft Coffee, a subscription based package company that will send a monthly coffee sampler. Shipping is always free and they send to FPO and APO addresses.
3. Currently stationed, or ever been stationed in Jacksonville, Florida? We’ve got the perfect idea for you. If you’re wondering what to send in your next care package, why not send a little bit of home sweet home to your darling spouse. You can actually get “Jacksonville in a Box” now. The owners of Jacksonville in a Box were kind enough to send me one of their boxes to check out. Seeing as we moved to California, receiving J-Ville in a Box was such a sweet treat. This would be the perfect gift for a loved one deployed, a friend who recently moved away, or a fun gift for friends and family. Jacksonville in a Box ships FREE to all APO and FPO addresses. Here’s a peak inside:
- Harry & David: Moose Munch anyone? YES, PLEASE. I’ll also take the chocolate covered cherries and half a dozen pears. Here’s a list of all of the packages Harry and David ships to FPO and APO addresses.
- Amazing AMAZON! Put together whatever you want in your Amazon cart and Amazon will ship it direct. Send the fun every month with a monthly “subscribe and save” box for even more savings!
- Etsy: YES, for all of the people who REALLY LOVE to make care packages, they’ve actually made a business out of it and they’ll sell them to you! Check it out. It’s really impressive what you can find with a quick Etsy search. Here’s an example form Pugtail Originals, this is a “Meal Improvement Kit” with spices, salts and pepper.
- Hickory Farms has Free Shipping to FPO and APO addresses. You really can’t go wrong with sausage and cheese.
- Start a Subscription Package for your loved one. Visit CrateJoy.com and choose from make up, jewelry, shaving, baking, or gourmet food boxes that can be sent on a monthly basis.
- CarePackages.com and GourmetGiftBaskets.com have hundreds of themed care packages. From work out lovers to holiday specific like St. Patty’s Day, you’re sure to find one that fits for your loved one.
- Ok, this one’s last because it does require an ounce of creativity. Snapfish ships directly to FPO and APO addresses. Here’s what you’re going to do: Log on, upload some pics and make an adorable coffee cup, calendar and/or photo book. Snapfish will happily send it to your care package recipient. Voila, an awesome care package you didn’t actually have to take to the post office.
I hope you enjoyed our 10 Care Packages for People Who Hate Making Care Packages. For those of you that LOVE making care packages, check out our post “Care Packages NOT for Sailors.” Also, if you’d like to get more awesome stuff from TheNavyMom.com, please put your name and email here: